Although asbestos is harmless, even if it is undisturbed, it, if damaged or processed without adequate knowledge, has great potential to release fibres that can become trapped in the nose and lining of the throat. This then creates a pathway for the fibre to get to the lungs and even the digestive tract, which contributes to cancer growth.
Therefore the disposal of asbestos is a must. If you are thinking about removing asbestos from your home or any other building then you should go for professional companies or group like Ryno’s Group in NSW.
Asbestos is more dangerous when dry because it can be crushed easily by hand (spray asbestos and adhesive is also dry). There are tiles underground and there is a risk of flowing into water, broken (or damaged) tiles in household items are common. Due to the health risks posed by its fibre, priority should be removed if found.
Asbestos tiles can be damaged by:
Any physical damage caused by polishing, cutting, hitting, drilling or sanding tiles.
Water damage (weakening of the tile structure).
The tiles are ageing.
Constant and increasing vibration of tiles.
If you have any concerns that your floor or tile may be damaged, you should always contact an asbestos removal specialist to fix the problem.